Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Library Books I Love

Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

Today's Top Ten Tuesday was a freebie and I had no ideas what to post about until about halfway through the day when I saw Jamie of The Perpetual Page-Turner's post about ten books she feels like she doesn't talk about nearly enough. That made me think about the books I don't really talk about too much...the ones I get from the library! I tend to use the library for books that I want to read that I can't afford to buy (since they're usually new releases and in hardcover) and didn't get copies to review. I started keeping track of library books on Goodreads awhile back so it was easy to review...not so easy to choose the ten favourite books I've checked out from my library! Do you find you tend to take out the same kinds of books from the library or are you an eclectic library user? Do you even use the library? (If you don't...WHY NOT? Love your local library!) Have you read any of these ten books? Links lead to Goodreads.

The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm, and Career of Evil - Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling
I got myself on the list right away when the news leaked that Galbraith was actually Queen Rowling herself. They're great mysteries, a genre I don't normally read, and I really enjoy them. (Except for maybe The Silkworm...that was a weird one.)

Just One Day/Just One Year - Gayle Forman
For the first installment of the YA books I get from the library, I present the amazing Just One Day and Just One Day. I know lots of people of heard of and read these ones but because of other people's opinions, I just had to borrow them from my library!

The Orenda - Joseph Boyden
I ended up loving this one so much that I bought a copy so I could get it signed by Boyden when I met him a couple of years ago.

Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, and Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins
I probably would have bought these ones had Isla already been published and in soft cover but my wallet wouldn't allow it :)

Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson
I'd heard of Matson's books before so I scooped up Since You've Been Gone when I saw it at my library. Loved it!

The Bone Cage - Angie Abdou
I did an internship at Project Bookmark Canada and had to read a bunch of books set in Calgary. The Bone Cage was one of the books I read and I adored it.

Ten Tiny Breaths and Five Ways to Fall - KA Tucker
I read TTB first from the library because I wasn't sure if I'd like her books. I loved it and I've been hooked ever since.

To All the Boys I Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You - Jenny Han
Everyone was SO excited about these books and I knew I had to give them a shot. Really enjoyed them!

99 Days - Kate Cotugno
I've mentioned before that it was because of Jamie's enthusiasm for this book that I read it. When I saw that my library actually had a copy I went right there to check it out!

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes - Anna McPartlin
This was a (very) recent library read. The library I work for has a Beer and Books book club and it was this month's pick. I think I might actually write a mini review of this one because I loved it so much and everyone needs to read it. 

1 comment:

  1. Great topic! It's interesting when you look at the books you buy vs the books you borrow from the library! LOVE how you called her Queen Rowling haha! That gave me a laugh! And agree about The Silkworm being a bit weird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!